Plastic Injection Molding
Plastic injection molding is the most common manufacturing process for the fabrication of large quantities of plastic parts. As an ideal method to produce high volumes of plastic parts in the same shape, practical injection molding can be used to create various plastic parts, which vary broadly in size, complexity, and application. Almost every plastic item around you was manufactured by injection molding.
As a reputable injection molding company in China, Zhongde supplies custom molding services including China precision plastic injection molding and rubber injection molding, as well as over-molding and insert molding, all with affordable prices and considerate service. The plastic injection molding made at the Zhongde factory is a standard process involving a stainless steel mold.
Injection Molding From Prototyping to Production
Injection Molding Molds Making and Tooling Services
Zhongde, a custom plastic injection molding company in China, can produce the most intricate CNC injection mold, which is up to 78 inches long. In addition, our customize plastic die mold is lifetime guaranteed and machined from high-grade metal.
We have been insisting on developing our own molds for many years, meanwhile, introducing fully automated equipment. Our professional engineer will help to improve the mold design.
- Injection Molding Service Option: Prototyping & on-demand manufacturing
- Mold Material: Steel P20, H13, S136, 2316,2344, 083, 718H, SKD618, etc.
- Mold Type: Family molds, single and multi-cavities molds
- Mold Storage: Stored for 3 years in inactivity
- Guaranteed mold life: Unlimited
- Mold Remachining: We can re-machine the molds if there are any changes required, basis on mold structure.
Plastic Injection Molding Size Chart
The below table shows the available size of the plastic injection molding service. If you need a larger size, Zhongde, a professional China precision plastic injection molding manufacturer, can also help you achieve it at a lower cost.
Plastic Injection Molding Materials
We have a wide selection of thermoplastic and thermoset materials, all serving different purposes. Be aware of the basic characteristics of the material, such as acid and alkali resistance, UV resistance, and high wear resistance, and choose the suitable injection molding material based on your application requirement.
The general materials are listed below for custom plastic injection molding.
If you have special needs for injection molding parts, our professional engineers will adjust the raw materials formula to meet the unique conditions of use.
|Flame retardants||Carbon fibers|
Plastic Injection Molding Surface Finishing
Injection molding surface finish is critical to a successful part design and it is used for aesthetic and functional reasons in injection molded parts for engineering products. The surface finish improves the look and the feel of a product as the perceived value and quality of the product increase with a suitable surface finish.
Different grades of surface finishing chart.
A-grade finishes are made using a diamond buffing process and yield shiny and glossy surfaces on injection molded parts.
|Get A Quote|
|Semi-glossy||B-grade finishes use grit sandpaper to produce parts with a slightly rougher finish than grade A parts. Custom molded plastic parts that undergo B-grade finishing have a matte surface texture.||Get A Quote|
|Matte||C-grade finishes use grit sanding stones to produce a rough, uneven surface. Injection plastic parts that undergo C-grade finishing have a matte surface texture.||Get A Quote|
|Textured||D-grade finishes use grit and dry glass beads or oxide to produce a very rough textured finish. Depending on the type of material used, products can have a satin or dull finish.||Get A Quote|
The Plastic Injection Molding Process
Plastic injection molding is the process of filling a mold tool with liquid plastic resin under great pressure. The tool may comprise a single cavity or hundreds of cavities in order to make indefinite numbers of parts. Once the mold tools have been carefully designed and manufactured, the molding process consists of the following basic steps:
- Step 1 – The plastic resin comes in raw pellets. These are dried to the right moisture content, and then if necessary they can be blended with pigments or masterbatch colorants to create the correct color for the design.
- Step 2 – The dried pellets are poured into the hopper of the molding machine. A reciprocating screw inside the barrel of the machine is used to transport these pellets toward the mold while at the same time heating them.
- Step 3 – Within the barrel, the pellets are mixed and heated until fully molten, forming the liquid resin.
- Step 4 – The heated mold closes automatically and resin, under great pressure, is injected through a gate and into the mold cavity.
- step 5 – The mold is cooled in a short amount of time to solidify the part inside.
- Step 6 – The mold opens and the part is ejected to begin a new cycle.
Why Choose Zhongde for Plastic Injection Molding?
Moving beyond rapid prototyping, Zhongde, as a reliable injection molding manufacturer, is supported by many senior project managers and engineering experts, communicating through all project stages from design to production.
Let's Start A New Project Right Now!
Applications of Injection Molded Plastic Parts
Our plastic injection molding service is perfect for addressing the various demands of different industries, including agricultural machinery, automotive, consumer electronics, home appliances, fitness equipment, transmission system, etc.
FAQs of Plastic Injection Molding Service
Leave a Message
Please leave your message here! We will send detail technical info and quotation to you!