Cast Molding Service
What is Cast Molding?
Cast molding refers to the processing process in which liquid raw materials are poured into a mold and cooled and solidified at room temperature. Zhongde has many years of casting experience. Our experienced engineers can accurately analyze whether the product is suitable for casting products according to the product structure.
For example, Zhongde will offer and recommend reusable metal casting molds for customers who need mass production of making identical products. The reusable metal casting molds are useful since they can be used repeatedly. Zhongde provides casting for different metal casting molds with 3D printing such as silicone casting molds, steel casting molds, aluminum casting molds, and brass casting molds.
Cast Molding Molds Making and Tooling Services
Zhongde makes all the molds in-house. We have been insisting on developing our own molds for many years, meanwhile, introducing fully automated equipment. Our professional engineer will help to improve the mold design. In addition, our custom die mold is lifetime guaranteed and machined from high-grade metal.
- Rapid Tooling: Mold working life time up to 20.000 runs. Short machined time.
- Production tooling: Traditional molds, used for mass production.
- Multi Cavities Moulds: Moulds can produce more than one part per cycle, used to increase the production rate.
- Family Moulds: Moulds produce two or more different parts per injection cycle, the parts should be of the same material and color.
- Mold Material: Steel P20, H13, S136, 2316, 2344, 083,718H, SKD618, etc.
- Mold Type: Family molds, single and multi-cavities molds.
- Mold Storage: 3 years inactivity.
- Mold Remachining: We can re-machine the molds if there are any changes required, on the basis of mold structure.
- Mold Warranty: Lifetime warranty on production molds.
- Maximum Dimensions: 2500mm*2000mm
Cast Molding Size Chart
The below table shows the size of the Casting Molding parts we usually make. If you need a larger size, we can also help you achieve it.
Cast Molding Materials
Cast molding may have a more limited range of material options compared to injection molding. Below list is the of general materials for cast molding. However, our expert team can work with you to modify the material if you have specific project requirements.
- PU | Polyurethane
LSR | Liquid Silicone Rubber
- MC Nylon
Cast Molding Surface Finishing
Cast molding surface finish is critical to a successful part design and it is used for aesthetic and functional reasons in injection molded parts for engineering products. The surface finish improves the look and the feel of a product as the perceived value and quality of the product increase with a suitable surface finish.
Different grades of surface finishing chart.
|Glossy||A-grade finishes are made using a diamond buffing process and yield shiny and glossy surfaces on injection molded parts.||Get A Quote|
|Semi-glossy||B-grade finishes use grit sandpaper to produce parts with a slightly rougher finish than grade A parts. Custom molded plastic parts that undergo B-grade finishing have a matte surface texture.||Get A Quote|
|Matte||C-grade finishes use grit sanding stones to produce a rough, uneven surface. Injection plastic parts that undergo C-grade finishing have a matte surface texture.||Get A Quote|
|Textured||D-grade finishes use grit and dry glass beads or oxide to produce a very rough textured finish. Depending on the type of material used, products can have a satin or dull finish.||Get A Quote|
Our Quality Promise
Zhongde is committed to providing quality products that meet or exceed the needs of our customers through continuous improvement.
Strictly follow the confirmed drawings or samples to produce. If there is any deviation, our company will replenish to our customers to make up for the loss.
Advantages of Cast Molding
Cast molding makes high-quality prototype components using two-component polyurethane resins and silicone molds.
The Advantages include as below:
- Low-volume production
- High accurate production
- A wide variety of finish options
- Rapid turnaround on parts
- Durability for maximum wear and strength
Difference Between Cast Molding and Injection Molding
Cast molding and injection molding are two different manufacturing processes.
Cast molding involves pouring molten material into a mold cavity and allowing it to cool and solidify, taking the shape of the mold. It is suitable for producing large, complex parts with intricate details and varying wall thicknesses. Cast molding offers design flexibility but may have longer production times and limited material options.
Injection molding, on the other hand, injects molten material into a mold under high pressure. It allows for high-volume production of parts with precise dimensions and complex geometries. Injection molding offers faster cycle times, a wide range of material choices, and tighter tolerances compared to cast molding. However, it requires upfront tooling costs and is better suited for mass production.
The Cast Molding Process
the cast molding process typically involves the following steps:
- Pattern creation and mold preparation: Create a pattern and encase it in a mold material, such as sand or silicone, forming the mold cavity.
- Molten material pouring: Heat the mold, pour molten material (metal, plastic, or resin) into the cavity, and allow it to cool and solidify.
- Mold opening and part removal: Open the mold and remove the solidified casting, which takes the shape of the mold cavity.
- Finishing and post-processing: Trim, sand, polish, or apply surface treatments to the casting for desired appearance and dimensions.
- Inspection and quality control: Thoroughly inspect the finished casting for defects, ensuring it meets required specifications and quality standards.
Note: The specific steps and techniques may vary depending on the material being cast and the complexity of the project.
Zhongde-Your Cast Urethane Manufacturer
Zhongde is one of the professional cast urethane manufacturers. The polyurethane casting process starts with 3D printing of the main pattern using silicone rubber molds. Polyurethane casting is a fast and cost-effective method to produce end-use plastic parts on a small to medium scale. Zhongde is proficient in various materials and formulas with the suitable ability to execute the casting process efficiently and with the quality promised by our technology.
Let's Start A New Project Right Now!
Cast Molding Parts
FAQs of Cast Molding Service
Leave a Message
Please leave your message here! We will send detail technical info and quotation to you!
Five Obvious Characteristics of Injection Mold Tool Manufacture
Compared with other types of mold such as stamping mold and die casting mold, injection mold tool manufacture has five obvious characteristics. The analyses are
Types of Metal Stamping Die
Using the right equipment is a key aspect of creating effective and efficient metal manufacturing components. When you need to process metal plates into specific
The difference and comparison of wire cutting, laser cutting and plasma cutting
Laser cutting processing Optical cutting is the use of a focused high-power-density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece to quickly melt, vaporize, ablate, or