Ⅰ. What are the advantages of using EDM for plastic mold processing?
1. Like the CNC machining center, the spark machining plastic mold is fully automated processing, which saves the labor cost of the mold factory. Moreover, the roughness of the workpiece surface after processing can reach 0.02mm, and after a little adjustment, the plastic mold assembly can be directly carried out.
2. Plastic molds need to rely on graphite electrodes or copper electrodes for spark machining, so before spark machining plastic molds, the electrodes must be prepared.
3. EDM plastic molds are much slower than other mechanical processes, and the processing cost will be much higher. But the machining accuracy will also be higher than other machining.
4. EDM does not require any metal cutting action, without any mechanical force.
5. EDM plastic molds can process most of the mold cavity parts that cannot be processed by CNC and mechanical processing. Such as processing small holes, narrow grooves and various complex shapes of holes and cavities.
6. Among them, the mirror EDM has higher precision than the ordinary spark machine. It is mainly used to process complex mold cavities, especially the precision machining of complex curved surfaces that are inconvenient for polishing. It can save manual polishing processes, improve the performance of parts, and shorten the manufacturing cycle of plastic molds.
Ⅱ. How to extend the service life of injection molds?
1. Maintenance of injection mold toolings during injection molding production
①In the process of injection molding, the molten plastic material enters the injection mold through a gate and a certain pressure for molding. Therefore, the injection mold will bear a lot of injection pressure. Therefore, adjusting the injection pressure, injection speed, clamping force and effective distance of the tie rod correctly and reasonably can reduce the damage of the injection mold.
②In the use of the injection mold service, it is necessary to control the temperature of the injection mold reasonably and correctly, and at the same time, it is necessary to observe the use of the injection mold at all times. If any abnormality is found, it is necessary to stop the machine immediately to check the problem.
③ Before clamping the injection mold, you should pay attention to check whether there are other foreign objects in the cavity of the injection mold that have not been taken out, especially whether there are residual products that have not been taken out.
2. Maintenance of injection mold after production
① After the injection mold is completed, the mold should be closed to avoid letting the moist air contact the cavity and core, resulting in rust. Anti-rust oil or mold release agent can also be applied to the core and cavity to prevent the injection mold from rusting if it is not used for a long time. However, it should be noted that the applied anti-rust oil, etc. should also be wiped clean during use to avoid other defects.
In addition, the cavity and core need to be cleaned regularly to avoid corrosion caused by residual products.
②If the injection mold is not used for a long time, the residual water in the cooling water channel should be removed in time to avoid corrosion of the cooling water channel.